Writing a clear and accurate job description is an important first step to recruiting the candidate best suited to your needs.
Some tips to get started:
· Use clear, concise non-discriminatory language. Don’t use ambiguous or elaborate language-think literal, not literary.
· Be accurate about the duties and responsibilities of the position – don’t understate or overstate them.
· Describe only the duties, skills, and knowledge required of the position-avoid describing personal traits.
· Use ‘Keywords’ specific to the role peppered throughout the description which assists with SEO
· Describe the position as it exists at present – not how it was in the past, or how it will be in the future.
· If you must use acronyms or abbreviations, use the full term the first time followed by the acronym or abbreviation in brackets.
· Don’t state education, certification, or experience as requirements of the position, unless you can demonstrate that they are essential to the duties and responsibilities of the position, or unless they are required by law or a relevant licensing body.
· Write one clear statement for each major duty.
· List statements in descending order of importance, and begin each with an action verb.
· Construct each statement to include:
· “What” – use a verb to describe what action is being performed
· “How” – indicate how the action will be performed; use terms like “based on”, “by using”, or “working with”. Describe the knowledge, information, tools / equipment / materials, or people that are necessary for the action
· “Why” – indicate the reason the action is performed, and clarify what the goal is, how it will satisfy a need, who has the need and what it is.
A concise, well-written job description is key in getting views and engagement for your job opening. With these tips you’re on your way to hiring the best candidate!
Contact OnCall Medical Aesthetics Recruiting for assistance from job postings to full service recruiting.
Recruiting North America Wide! Aesthetic MD/PA/NP/RN/LE/Sales/Practice Managers & more!
OnCall Medical Aesthetics Recruiting 'Beautifully Staffed' www.oncallme.ca firstname.lastname@example.org (866) 886-3335