Updated: 17 hours ago
5 Steps To Creating A Positive Workplace Culture
A toxic workplace can cause good employees to move on to different companies almost as much as poor pay, or unsatisfactory work. According to a recent article written by Bridgette Hyacinth, toxicity can be lethal to growth, and can cause poor customer relations, high turnover, and negatively affect your bottom line.
So what are some ways you can create a positive culture?
1. Conduct Exit interviews: Find out why people leave; take them seriously, and discover if there is something that can be improved upon internally.
2. Conduct 'Stay' Interviews: As much as it is important to know why people are leaving, it is equally important to find out why they are staying! It will also show employees you are interested in maintaining a healthy working environment.
3. Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated: This is a simple concept that is lost on many, yet can be the difference maker in a company.
4. Create Clear Goals And Rewards For Employees: Give your employees goals that are measurable, clear, and transparent. This can create a healthy competition, yet the transparency will help avoid negative feelings and resentment.
5. Provide Social Interaction: Although it may seem like this would decrease productivity, the opposite is true. Giving employees a break or time to talk and refresh without feeling they will get reprimanded can help refresh and motivate them.
"There is no magic formula for great company culture. The key is just to treat your staff how you would like to be treated." - Richard Branson
OnCall Medical Aesthetics Recruiting